安家资金 Settlement Funds
Many foreign nationals who wish to apply for Canadian permanent residency must show that they have the ability to financially support their resettlement to Canada.
While spousal sponsorship applicants and refugee claimants are exempt from this requirement, the vast majority of economic immigration applicants will be required to show proof of means of financial support.
文章内容 Table of Contents
This provision applies to applicants through most Express Entry classes of immigration and provincial nominee applicants. Notably, the requirement for settlement funds is waived if the applicant is currently authorized to work in Canada and has arranged employment in Canada. Also, candidates under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), another program managed by the federal Express Entry selection system, are not required to show proof of funds to support themselves or their family members.
Applicants with an accompanying spouse or common-law partner can include the money they have together under a joint bank account. They may also be able to count money in the account under the accompanying spouse or common-law partner’s name, however, it is important for an applicant to provide written proof that he or she has access to the money once an Express Entry Invitation To Apply (ITA) is issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The amount of money needed for settlement funds will depend on the size of your family. To calculate the size of your family, include:
- your spouse or common-law partner;
- your dependant children; and
- your spouse or common law partner’s dependent children
Note that even if family members are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents, and/or they are not accompanying you to Canada, they must be considered and included in your settlement funds. The required settlement funds must be equal to or greater than the sums listed below for each family size; If you have more money than the minimum requirements listed below, the total amount should be listed in your profile or application.
Number of family members
Funds required in Canadian dollars
If more than 7 people, for each additional family member
什么是合规安家资金证明？What is accepted as proof of funds?
An immigration officer must be satisfied that the applicant has access to the funds at the time of applying and if a permanent resident visa is issued. An applicant must provide official letters from the financial institution where his or her money is kept. The official letter to prove access to funds must include the following:
- financial institution’s letterhead;
- financial institution’s contact information (address, telephone number and email address);
- applicant’s name;
- list of outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans; and
- bank account(s) details, such as account numbers, date of opening, current balance(s), average balance(s) for the past six months.
Due to the stipulation that funds must be legally accessible to applicants when they arrive in Canada, you cannot use equity on real property nor money borrowed from another person when showing proof of settlement funds.
相关链接 Related Links
- 优途安加签证移民事务所 About UtoImmigration Law Firm
- 加拿大移民部案件审理周期 IRCC’s Canadian Immigration Processing Times
- 加拿大移民水平计划 Canada’s Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2026
- 性少数群体的加拿大移民途径 Canadian Immigration Options for the LGBTQ2 Community
- 安大略省行政划分及教育资源 About Ontario
- 学历等级 Levels of Study
- 劳动力市场影响评估批文 Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- 学习许可拒签及上诉 Study Permit Refusals and Appeals
- 勤工助学 Work While Studying
- 录取信 Letter of Acceptance (LOA)
- 移民监管协会 ICCRC：如何选择移民顾问 How to choose your immigration consultant
- 安家资金 Settlement Funds
- 加拿大入籍语言要求 Citizenship Language Requirement
- 指定院校 Designated Learning Institution（DLI）
- 家庭成员定义 Family Members
- 加拿大家庭最低收入标准 Low Income Cut-off（LICO）
- 省提名项目 Provincial Nominee Program（PNP）
- 加拿大语言水平分级指南 Canadian Language Benchmark Guide (CLB)
- 双重意图 Dual Intent
- 隐含身份 Maintained Status (previously called Implied Status)
- 加拿大国家职业分类 TEER NOC Code（NOC-TEER）
- 上诉和司法系统 Appeal, Judicial Review and Remedies
- 加拿大移民、难民及公民部 Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada（IRCC）